“...when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with his mighty angels in flaming fire, inflicting vengeance on those who do not know God and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. They will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might,” (2 Thessalonians 1:7–9, ESV)
“...But by the same word the heavens and earth that now exist are stored up for fire, being kept until the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly... But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved, and the earth and the works that are done on it will be exposed. Since all these things are thus to be dissolved, what sort of people ought you to be in lives of holiness and godliness, waiting for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be set on fire and dissolved, and the heavenly bodies will melt as they burn! But according to his promise we are waiting for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.” (2 Peter 3:1–13, ESV)
“Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more... But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”” (Revelation 21:1–8, ESV)
This is a call to action!
As an environmentally and sociologically conscious person I have found six inconvenient truths about the second coming of Jesus.
- The Carbon foot print: Is it just me or does it seem like God is not even interested in the amount of carbon that will be released into the environment during this awful time. God has the biggest carbon footprint of all. You thought your lawnmower and SUV were bad. Why is this not on the news? I mean the whole earth burning and sulfur thing…that has got to be a record or something. Can God even offset this huge footprint? China has Canada who does God have?
- The Earth: Im all for judgment but at the expense of the earth? He seems so angry to me. I love the Earth and I have been recycling for years and he is going to just up and destroy it? Can you imagine the property damage alone?! Why is no one talking about this? One thing is for sure you will never hear about this on Foxnews.
- The Theft and Violence: I am totally against any form of violence or theft but apparently the second coming is pretty much going to begin with theft and end up becoming pretty violent. You would think God wouldn’t even want to be associated with a thief!
- The Noise: It says there will be lots of “roaring” and such. Other passages even say God will use a “loud voice” along with some kind of trumpet. How loud will this be? Our neighborhood has a noise ordinance after 9:00. I sure hope God will consider that when he comes and steals stuff from us so loudly.
- No Repurposing: Why does God not simply repurpose us? I’m sure there are a ton of planets out there that could use some good folks like us? He wants to destroy everything and start all over again? What a waste! Ummm hello Pinterest!?
- The Water Pollution: Revelation 8:10-11 seems to indicate that God will pollute a bunch of the earths drinking water? Wha? Hey that’s going a little farther than I’m comfortable with. I thought the CEO of Nestle was bad.
Protestors please drop your oil picket signs and drive your Prius to the nearest Church to picket the propagation of such a sociologically and environmentally unfriendly God!