Here’s a quick round up of some short articles I’ve written or contributed to in regards to small town rural church ministry:
- Ministry Longevity in Small Towns – Bob Logan was kind enough to allow me to reflect on the importance of ministry longevity in small town USA. My basic point was that ministry in small towns often takes time and often people are starting to think about “moving on” too quickly.
- Contextualizing Ministry for Small Towns – Again, Bob Logan (yes, the Bob Logan!) gave me a chance to briefly talk about the importance of contextualization in a small town (something I apparently have been talking a lot about, as you’ll see).
- 5 Principles for Small Town Ministry – Here are some quick ways in which you can be more effective in a small town.
- Postmodernism in Small Town USA – You might be surprised at how postmodernism is at work in Small Town USA. Or maybe you haven’t even thought about that… either way, check this one out.
- Small Town Missiology: Contextualization & Outreach – The post that started it all… ha ha.
As you can see, I haven’t been completely lazy in the last month. Just somewhat…